1. Meet with the medical assistant
When you are called to begin your appointment, you will first meet with a medical assistant, who will review your medical history with you and help you get settled. Be thorough and honest about your medical history, as well as any medications, supplements, or recreational drugs you are taking—it’s crucial that we have an accurate picture to ensure your safety.
2. Meet with the surgeon
Now it’s time to meet the surgeon. Expect to talk about:
- What you want to change about your face, and why you want to change it
- How you feel about your face now, and how you would like to feel after facial plastic surgery
- Your goals: what do you want to look like after surgery, what specific changes would you like to see
- Which procedure(s), if any, can help you achieve your goals
- What results you can expect from each procedure
- What’s involved in the surgery (anesthesia type, incisions, recovery timeframe)
- The risks and possible complications from surgery
- Your medical history (be open and honest for your safety)
3. The surgeon will examine your areas of concern
We use a photography system which allows patients to “preview” their results before making any decisions about surgery. Dr. Amanda Fanous takes the necessary time with every surgical candidate to explore all available options and recommend a treatment plan suited to the person’s individual needs and goals.
4. Discuss pricing and financing options
You will be provided with a detailed price for the procedure you are considering at the conclusion of your consultation. You’ll also have an opportunity to discuss payment and financing options with our financing specialists and place a deposit on your procedure if you’re ready to move forward.
5. Find out the next step
Our staff should let you know what your next steps are before saying goodbye. If you are ready to schedule surgery by the end of your consultation, that’s great. However, don’t feel obligated to make a decision immediately—if you aren’t sure, go home and think about what you want.